How to post Word documents

What this forum is for, FAQ, techy questions
Edwin Corrie

How to post Word documents

Postby Edwin Corrie » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:49 pm

Just wondering if there was a way to post Word documents on the forum. I have various bits of material that might be of interest (e.g. extracts from old books), but often they include images of the original pages which I don't think I can post in a normal message. Or perhaps something like Google Documents so that everyone could have access.

Also, assuming it's possible, would I post the documents or links here under the general heading of "Books" or in the relevant forums (e.g. Napkin folding if it's a book about napkin folding)?

Nick
Site Admin

Re: How to post Word documents

Postby Nick » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:48 pm

Edwin Corrie wrote:Just wondering if there was a way to post Word documents on the forum.

You mean like this? (see below) The trouble is, a) they are not searchable b) people may not have Word. pdf may be a better compromise.

Edwin Corrie wrote:Also, assuming it's possible, would I post the documents or links here under the general heading of "Books" or in the relevant forums (e.g. Napkin folding if it's a book about napkin folding)?

under the most relevant heaing, I guess, but explain clearly what the document is.
Attachments
test.doc
word file test
(48.5 KiB) Downloaded 404 times

Edwin Corrie

Postby Edwin Corrie » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:41 pm

Ah, right, I don't know why I didn't see that.

Sorry to be a pain, but can you recommend a site for converting Word to PDF? There seem to be lots of sites that will do it for free, but you know what I'm like and a recommendation would be nice. For example, how about this:
http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

Edwin Corrie

Postby Edwin Corrie » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:09 pm

OK, in case anyone needs it, I found this site for converting to PDF:

http://www.wordtopdf.com/Default.aspx

It's so easy that even I can do it.

Tavin

Postby Tavin » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:54 pm

Or you just install the BullzipPDF-Printer link
it will show up as a printer in any program that can print but will give out a PDF instead of a sheet of paper.

Return to “Forum rules - please read!”